Metroselskabet (The Copenhagen Metro) are looking for an Electrical Field Engineer with background in large scale Medium- / High Voltage installations, here under preferable knowledge and experience in traction power.
You will be a part of a dynamic team of dedicated M & E Field Engineers who will serve as the on-site inspectors for the Electrical and Mechanical installations performed by our three main contractors on the South Harbor branch off project. You will work close together with our Engineering and Transport Systems Units to ensure that designs for the metro installations are delivered according to specified functional requirements.
Metroselskabet and Hovedstadens Letbane (Greater Copenhagen Light Rail) are carrying out major international construction and transport projects focusing on sustainable public transport for the citizens and visitors of the Metropolitan Area. We are currently working on the construction of the extension of the Cityringen to Sydhavn and the establishment of the Light Rail along Ring 3. The projects are expected to open in 2024 and 2025, respectively. In addition, Metroselskabet and Hovedstadens Letbane are involved in the analysis work for future infrastructure projects to support the development of the Metropolitan area (e.g. Lynetteholm).
- Serve as the on-site inspector for electrical installation performed by the three main contractors and their subcontractors performing capital improvement work at the new Underground Stations and Shafts.
- Ensure the contractor's delivery according to the contractual requirements and interfaces to other contractors
- Be part of both the installation and test & commissioning
- Interact with the three main contractor’s site supervision on electrical and mechanical field issues to ensure compliance with the construction contract requirements
- Participate as part of the Construction Management team that includes Mechanical and Structural Field Engineers, Office Engineer, and Project Controls personnel.
- Become deeply familiar with the project design documents, (plans and specifications) particularly those pertaining to electrical and mechanical installations.
- Perform daily on-site field inspections backed up by inspection report of the inspection results.
- Maintain compliance with safety standards and monitor the contractor’s compliance with its Project Health and Safety Program and its Safe Work Plans, including attendance at the contractor’s daily safety briefings.
- Be a good ambassador for Metroselskabet and Hovedstadens Letbane “Safety on the Right Track” Program.
- Minimum Five (5) years of relevant field engineering experience including Railway Infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Certified Installer (Installatør) or similar, preferred.
- Pragmatic, solution orientated.
- In deep knowledge of the Danish.
- “Sikkerhedsstyrelsens Standardsamling til Installations-Bekendtgørelsen DS/HD 60364- serien”
- ”Stærkstrøms Bekendtgørelsens afsnit 2 (DS/EN 60884-2 del 1)
- HV Plant/Equip. DS/EN 61936-1,
- Earthing & bonding DS/EN 50522, but not limited to.
- Maskin Direktivet.
- Experience in large scale Medium- / High Voltage installations, such as Metro, Offshore, Power Plants, Shipyards etc. here under preferable knowledge and experience in traction power.
- Detailed insight into several of the following disciplines: M&E systems/installations in general, 10 kV equip. (trafo, connect. equip.), 400V Dist. Switch boards, Switch Boards medium Voltage, Earthing and Bonding, SCADA, testing (SAT 1,2 & 3) and commissioning.
- Insight into design of metro and light rail, tunnel building, third rails-/catenary-systems preferable.
- English capabilities at a high level, both in writing and orally.
- Danish skills both in writing and orally.
You must be adept at managing and collaborating internally and with contractors. You show commitment and professional pride, are motivated by new challenge’s and take ownership within your field of responsibility. You are a team player, you are result-oriented, good at prioritizing, and you are able to stay focused in complex situations. You are trustworthy, convincing, professional in your approach and able to work independently but also able to include the colleagues around you.
We offer a challenging and independent job with huge responsibilities in a dynamic organization. We offer an attractive salary and employment conditions, a workplace with focus on safety and a good working environment.
For further information about the job, please contact Head of Construction Management, Tom Brændekilde Hansen on 3311 1700 /7242 4506.
Deadline is December 5th 2022, but with ongoing interviews.
Expected start of employment is early January 2023.